čtvrtek 8. srpna 2013

Installing GlusterFS 3.4 on Fedora 19

I was trying to install GlusterFS on Fedora 19. There were some problems which I describe here.

At first ... disable SeLinux on every Gluster node by changing /etc/selinux/config and set entry SELINUX=disabled

Packages of GlusterFS are part of Fedora 19 repository. Installation is easy.
I used following command:

sudo yum install glusterfs glusterfs-api glusterfs-fuse \
   glusterfs-server glusterfs-geo-replication 

After the packages are installed glusterd service is started. To connect the cluster nodes following command need to be issued:

sudo gluster peer probe the-other-node-ip 

But the command failed:

peer probe: failed: Probe returned with unknown errno 10

After some research using resources mentioned bellow I found the source of the problem (as usually): the firewall. Fedora 19 (and 18 already) includes firewalld.

Thing twice before changing your firewall settings. As I use virtualization and host only networking, I moved my host-only interface to the trusted zone:

sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=trusted --add-interface=p7p1
sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=trusted --change-interface=p7p1
sudo systemctl restart firewalld.service

To verify interface move submit:
 
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --list-all
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=trusted --list-all



References: